I represent the way you express love. I bring beauty and blessing into your life by helping you sail through the storms more easily.
|Ruler||Libra and Taurus|
|Detriment||Aries and Scorpio|
It symbolizes emotions of love, beauty, and harmony. She creates the condition for physical contact with others. When the planet is well-positioned in the birth chart, it grants them: bias, refinement, and civilization. The individual is artistic and benefits from social pleasures, and is often not accustomed to physical labor.
The position of Venus in the 7th House, for example, is the most suitable position for a successful marriage. This position also indicates the nature of the partner: a lovely partner.
An afflicted position of Venus in the birth chart can lead to laziness, dependency on others, laxity, clumsiness, drowsiness, and lack of confidence. Some of these negative characteristics we see reflected in Neptune, the higher octave of Venus.
Additionally, It dominates art, artists, and beauty in many forms. It also rules girlfriends, mistresses, and adult sex workers. It indicates a need for luxury and convenience, taste for clothing and furnishing of the house, painting, drawing, piano playing, etc.
What does Venus Represent
What You Will Learn:
- 1 Venus Astrology
- 2 What does Venus Represent
- 3 Venus characteristics
- 4 Other Associations
- 5 Basic Astronomy:
- 6 In Mythology:
- 7 In Astrology – Chart Interpretation
- 8 Astro Keywords:
- 9 Venus In The Signs
Captivating, reconciliation, loves enjoyment, desire for the ideal, for harmony, artistic talent.
Frivolous, lazy, unconcerned, light-headed, not willful, taste for sweetness, jealousy, fornication, questionable sexual morality.
|Zodiac Sign||Venus dominates 2 zodiac signs: Libra and Taurus|
|House||the second and the seventh House|
|Anatomy||the throat, voice, skin, hair, mucous membranes, and the kidneys|
|Colour||blue (Taurus) and soft green (Libra) and all pastel shades|
|Gemstone||sapphire and emerald, also: all blue and green stones|
|Age||from 14 to 21 years, when feelings are being developed by Venus|
|Symbol||a circle that proposes the spirit with a cross that reflects the matter. Venus encourages us to let divine virtues triumph over worldly pleasures.|
Occupation: everything which has to do with art and aesthetic professions. Artists in the field of music (piano playing, vocals), painting and drawing, dancing, poetry, theatre, fashion. Barber, perfume trader, manicure, beauty, seamstress, jeweler. Furthermore: all cooks and pastry chefs.
Venus is the second planet from the Sun. The planet takes 225 days to complete its journey and like Mercury, it tends to stay close to the Sun. These two planets are never further than 48 degrees from one another. This planet is easily visible from earth and admired for its brightness.
She is The Goddess of Love and Beauty (The Aphrodite) and she has the power to unite
In Astrology – Chart Interpretation
Venus represents our drive to relate to others and how we make or break relationships with other people. The position of Venus in the natal chart by sign, house, and aspect determines how you express your feelings and how you react emotionally towards other people. The placement of Venus in a man’s chart will reveal how he relates to women. This planet stands for love, comfort, beauty, pleasure, and sensuality as well as wealth and happiness. In astronomical terms its ‘attachment’ to the Sun links the ego with emotional impressions therefore this planet is often called the ’emotional antenna’ of the horoscope.
femininity, warmth, charm, fulfillment, art, music, values, money, sociability, and laziness
If Venus is strong in your natal chart or you have personal planets in Taurus or Libra you probably agree ‘I cast my warmth around me and it is reflected in others’
Venus In The Signs
Venus in Aries
Venus may increase passion and enthusiasm but may bring a temptation to make risky business decisions, avoid commitment in intimate relationships, or exhibit selfish behavior.
- Strong, personal interest in romantic associations which are pursued enthusiastically.
- Can occasionally be headstrong and impetuous.
- Maybe self-seeking.
- Feelings easily aroused.
- Affectionate and passionate.
- Displays feelings easily, can be quite demonstrative.
- Impulsive and impetuous cares little for the consequences.
- Expects partner to fall in with plans.
- Concerned mainly with own desires.
- Enthusiasm is short-lived, many associations.
- Controlled by strong feelings.
- Too easily aroused.
Venus in Taurus
Venus, the ruling planet for Taureans, can be a positive influence in the desire to establish a stable and secure partnership, sensuality and enjoyment of sexual intimacy, and in enhancing warmth and affection in intimate family relationships and friendships. Venus is also associated with over-dependence in relationships, and in unfavorable circumstances, especially periods of insecurity, the influence of Venus may add to the instinct to be possessive or jealous. Venus has a positive influence on musical talent, particularly vocal talent, and in inspiring a love of the arts.
- Financial abilities.
- Liking for the good things in life.
- Relationships tied in with practical issues and aligned with financial aims.
- Partners may be involved with finances.
- Slow, cautious approach seeking long-term relationships rather than casual affairs.
- Very loyal and supportive.
- Affectionate and generous.
- Feelings are self-centered and possessive.
- May take advantage of people to further own aims.
- Finances and possessions assume far too much importance.
- Never seems to be enough.
Venus in Gemini
Venus may inspire Gemini to break out of what is thought of as a dull routine and flirt with someone in ways that a lover or partner may not approve of. The influence of other solar elements may be called on if there is a problem appreciating the partner’s concerns, or with taking the risk of releasing deeper emotions in permanent intimate relationships, as well as with friends and family.
- Intelligent and quick-witted.
- Expresses feelings easily.
- Likes ever-changing scenarios and lots of variety.
- Intellectual pursuits should appeal.
- May find deep, lasting relationships too demanding or restrictive.
- Staying true to one person may not be easy.
- Social butterfly seeking to know as many people as possible.
- Feelings change too easily, constantly searching for new stimuli.
- Making decisions is not easy.
Venus in Cancer
Venus stirs emotionality or fretfulness in intimate relationships, especially regarding security and a tendency to be too protective, which can result in those ‘protected’ feeling claustrophobic. Until other solar elements are unavailable to assist, it will help the individual to be aware of the situation and thus to be able to address this to some extent
- Forms strong attachments.
- Expresses feelings easily and openly.
- Cares about people.
- Attached to home and domestic situation.
- Family ties of interest.
- Tends to cling to the past and people.
- Not easy to express feelings.
- Shy or reticent.
- Could be afraid of rejection.
Venus in Leo
Venus can increase the Lion’s desire for indulging in the good life and may heighten a tendency to ‘grand stand’ or create a scene. In advantageous circumstances, the influence of Venus can be used to opt for diplomacy over bombast and the expression of appreciation and loyalty towards workmates and loved ones
- Liking for luxury and comfort. Artistic leanings.
- Warm and heartfelt emotions.
- Easy expression of feelings, maybe a little dramatic.
- Dedicated and loyal.
- Goes all out to enjoy life, needs to have a good time at all cost.
- Needs to be the center of attraction for the wrong reasons, may push self to the front.
- Heart rules head.
- Relationships are seen as an extension of self or to further own aims.
- Could be indiscriminate.
- Too easily attracted to the wrong people.
Venus in Virgo
Venus encourages Virgoan modesty, and this unassuming attitude is an attractive trait to others. At times, modesty may slip into inhibition, especially in intimate situations with a lover or partner. Awareness of this is at least half the battle and further assistance may be gained from another solar influence, as well as an increased self-awareness.
- Likes moral beauty.
- Desires tempered by moderation.
- Likes to be of service to people.
- Could be the ‘ever dutiful’ partner.
- Reliable and dedicated.
- Suffers from nervous stress.
- Inability to feel settled or content.
- Tends to scrutinize relationships for the slightest flaw.
Venus in Libra
Venus, as Libra’s ruling planet, will always have the dominant influence, with the other planets providing secondary influences. The influence of Venus includes both a sympathetic awareness of others and the inspiration for romantic or sexual love. Gentleness, tact, friendliness, and social graces may also be traced to the positive influence of Venus, who also inspires the feminine aspects of male Librans. At times, however, Librans may find the influence of Venus can promote indecisiveness, indiscretion, and over-dependence on others, especially partners or lovers. Libra is not one of the strongest signs of the Zodiac, and other solar influences in the birth reading of each Libran can weaken its higher characteristics
- Happy, loveable nature.
- Personal charm.
- Refined outlook.
- Artistic leanings.
- Gentle, tender, and companionable.
- Tries to attend to the needs of the partner.
- Can act as a go-between or even a matchmaker.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Always looking for the perfect partner but never finding one.
- Unhappy alone.
- May be involved with a less-than-perfect partnership.
- Too dependent.
- Stable and long-lasting relationships are not easy to achieve.
- Emotions tend to get in the way when trying to make decisions making it difficult to conclude.
Venus in Scorpio
Venus, in some circumstances, draws Scorpio to become obsessive in intimate relationships. Feelings of insecurity may mean a lover or partner is criticized unfairly. Or an emotional over-confidence may lead to selfish or over-zealous behavior where sexual advances are concerned. Venus can assist in slowing down and taking a more romantic approach, surprising a lover with this softer side
- Strong need to acquire money and to do well in life.
- Intense desires.
- resolute once motivated.
- Deep, passionate feelings.
- Secretive feelings.
- Can sometimes be openly demonstrative, though.
- Explosive emotions.
- Possessive and dominating.
- Relationships may be seen as a means to self-betterment.
- Power struggles are likely.
- Emotional turmoil during critical phases.
Venus in Sagittarius
Venus increases the Sagittarian proclivity to be restless in intimate relationships, and the grass may look greener elsewhere. At other times, the benefits of commitment may be glimpsed and the value of what one has in present circumstances. The influence of Venus may be harnessed to develop depth rather than breadth in relationships.
- Likes to be in contact with a variety of people.
- Can be emotionally demonstrative but may not like to be tied down due to high need for freedom.
- Feelings change frequently.
- Relationships are fickle and subject to mood.
- May give affections too freely than just as suddenly withdraw.
- Hard to achieve stable relationships.
Venus in Capricorn
Venus increases Capricorn’s established attitudes to relationships and business and there may be an increase in the distance if the individual tends to be already emotionally reserved in relationships. At other times, Venus can assist measured determination in achieving goals.
- Needs to get on in the world or, at least, to associate with those who do.
- Cool and controlled feelings, not given to openly expressing them.
- Tests the ground seeking assurance before committing.
- Slow and gradual forming of relationships.
- Once attached, does so for the long term.
- Loyal and faithful.
- Seeks partner to fit in with aims.
- The great difficulty in expressing feelings.
- Bound by rules and the dictates of convention. Status in the community is overemphasized.
- Treadmill existence of constantly striving to stay in front.
- May impose, or may have to suffer, a strict routine that stifles happiness.
- Expects too much and gives little or is subjected to this.
- Partner may expect a position in life as a result of the association.
Venus in Aquarius
Venus affects the Aquarian desire to establish intimate relationships, but in some circumstances may increase strain in intimate or personal relationships, especially if commitment is on the horizon
- Very much part of the crowd.
- Doesn’t like to be tied down in a conventional relationship.
- May prefer friendship to emotional ties.
- Meets interesting and unusual people.
- Tends to be reserved and detached most of the time but may suddenly become attracted.
- Being with people is overemphasized.
- Impersonal and perhaps aloof.
- Touchy and hard to reach.
- Attached to freedom to the degree that lasting relationships are very difficult to achieve.
- Attracted to risky associations.
- Can expect to have to deal with unreasonable or exasperating people during life.
Venus in Pisces
Venus may boost the already strong Piscean intuitive powers. In some conditions, the influence of Venus may encourage an over-reliance on intuition and what appears to be a strong intuition may in fact prove to be only what the Piscean individual wants to hear
- Deep sentimental feelings.
- Loving, affectionate, and tender.
- Sympathetic and compassionate.
- Love for all forms of life.
- Emotions are easily moved by art or music.
- Nature may have a special appeal.
- May be hard to equate to everyday life.
- Liking for peace and seclusion.
- Gives of self completely.
- Willing to sacrifice own interests for a partner.
- Great love.
- Indiscriminate relationships.
- Used by people.
- Gives way too easily and sacrifices interests for little gain.
- Longings that are hard to satisfy.
- Oversensitive and easily confused.
Next planet in astrology: Mars
Also check out: Venus retrograde