7th House In Astrology
The seventh house rules partnerships. In accordance with your Ascendant, or rising sign, the sign of the seventh house is known as your descendant. People seek a partner who balances the qualities of their ascendant — either in marriage or friendship.
Savor That Summer Feeling- Get a Love & Relationships
Psychic Reading Try us and save up to 87% on $1/min psychic readings
The seventh house indicates your primary relationships, business associates, and your legal agreements. The charming Sun Sign, Libra, rules the seventh house, along with Venus, the planet of love, beauty, and harmony.
What You Will Learn:
The Planets in the 7th House
Sun in 7th House:
With the sun in the seventh house, there is a danger that the individual feels incapable of functioning without a partner. The need to relate to a partner is extremely strong, and this person would rather be in a bad relationship than not in one at all. Self-esteem could be an issue, and independence could be a struggle. On a more positive note, this individual is usually romantic and utterly loyal to loved ones.
- Takes sensible measures to keep healthy.
- Keen interest in health and hygiene.
- May rise to a position of authority.
- Relationships with co-workers ought to be good.
- Technician or craftsman.
- Hard working, takes pride in achievements.
- May be obsessive about health and hygiene.
- Health below par, runs risk of running it down through worry and overwork.
- Assumes services are invaluable.
- Generally unappreciated or used by others.
- Periods of unemployment possible.
- Work conditions far from adequate
- Work a constant source of worry or conflict,
- something of an uphill struggle
- Throws caution to the wind in pursuit of pleasure
MOON IN 7TH HOUSE:
This placing adds greatly to the individual’s ability to respond well and sensitively to a partner. However, there can be a tendency to submerge totally in the partner, and these people are sometimes in danger of losing their own identity in a relationship. Although they have an instinctive need to find their ‘other half’, the subject here may not always respond to the partner in the same way – the moon here provokes moodiness, and sometimes emotional scenes. Often this is deliberate, in order to attract the partner’s attention, or to reassure the subject that he or she is loved. This person will also be extremely protective towards a partner, and often does not realise the damage that deliberate emotional outbursts can do to the relationship.
- Caring and sharing.
- Very involved with people.
- Adjusts to partners emotional states.
- Shared home in every respect.
- Good relationships with parents.
- Legal matters and contractual affairs could be an important part of life.
- Overemotional and unstable relationships.
- Too easily attracted.
- Overly dependent.
- Lack of adequate response from partners.
- May cling to people.
- Parental influence unhelpful or unsupported.
- May cling to parents.
MERCURY IN 7TH HOUSE:
Within personal relationship, intellectual stimulation and friendship are just as important – if not more so – than physical compatibility. This individual has an excellent way of communicating with a partner, and this must be reciprocated. However, gullibility, and a tendency to always fall in with a partner’s way of thinking can cause problems. This is a lively placing for anyone in a business partnership, and this individual may be a gifted salesperson. Here we have a natural agent or ‘go-between’ – even a matchmaker, in every sense of the word. If the law is indicated in other areas of the chart (a powerful Jupiter, Sagittarian Midheaven, for example), then this placing would indicate a very talented lawyer. Should earth signs be prominent, work involving buildings or the land is very much indicated.
- Generally at ease with people.
- Attracted to intelligent people, likes exchanging ideas.
- May prefer younger partner or one exhibiting youthfulness.
- Good at getting agreements or putting together joint projects.
- Misunderstandings and communication problems can lead to problematic relations with people.
- Spoken and written agreements subject to mistakes or legal complications. Needs to check the small print and to be careful with trust.
VENUS IN 7TH HOUSE:
Venus’ influence is considerably increased from its position in this the Libra/Venus house. The need to share life with a partner is extremely important, and in order to feel briefly fulfilled, this person may rush into romantic commitments. At times, this person seems to lose their own identity, so submerged do they become in the personalities of others. A well rounded relationship should be aimed for – encompassing friendship, good communication, some element of working together for joint progress. If Venus is inhibited by the Moon, Saturn or Uranus, the subject should be encouraged to work harder at relationships – perhaps they give up all too easily?
- Loving and affectionate relationships which could also be fortunate in material terms.
- Mutually beneficial business associations.
- Has the ability to pacify opponents.
- Need to be socially active.
- May work better with someone else.
- Poise and dignity in affairs.
- Attracted to the arts.
- Difficult to form close ties. May be shy.
- Gives way too easily.
- Indecisive about people, tries too hard to see the best in them but overcompensates.
- Finances tied in with joint ventures could be a wasteful affair unless control is exercised.
MARS IN 7TH HOUSE:
Much positive energy will be directed towards this person’s partnerships, and there is a lot of will power to make relationships work. Sometimes, an individual with this placing pushes and encourages their partner to prominence but at their own detriment. If the harsher, more quarrelsome side of Mars is controlled, then this placing is helpful not only for couples who live together but also for those who work together, since their joint objectives are energised by Mars. The connection between Mars and sexual activity is so strong that it may seem that sex will dominate any romantic relationship. There is, however, room for romance and compassion, which will keep the relationship warm, alive and thriving.
- Strong need to co-operate with people for mutual gain.
- Keenly supportive of partner and close friends. Partnerships formed quickly but just as quickly ended if they have outlived their usefulness.
- Strained relationships with conflicts and arguments.
- Associations formed too quickly without looking to the long term.
- Battle for supremacy. Lack of consideration.
- Will encounter some openly aggressive people who become enemies for little or no reason.
- Some people demand far too much yet give little or nothing in return.
Jupiter in 7th House:
This placing often sees a subject developing romantic interests rather earlier in life than most, due to a combination of the challenge of a relationship, the risk of being caught, enthusiasm and optimism. However, even later in life, hopes for a relationship are often unrealistic, leading to disappointment. This individual may also be rather fickle in love, always believing that the grass is greener elsewhere. Intellectual rapport is very important in a successful relationship. This placing is usually excellent for a business partner.
- Fortunate marriage, valuable friends, successful partnerships.
- Intellectual or well traveled partners.
- Legal and contractual matters ought to run smoothly and be of benefit.
- Co-operation not easy to get.
- May expect far too much of people or trust too easily and therefore be disappointed.
- Misplaced generosity by giving to the undeserving or being unappreciated.
- Partners may be greedy or extravagant.
- Legal or professional advice may well be flawed through carelessness or even incompetence.
Saturn in 7th House:
At its best, this placing encourages a serious, responsible attitude towards relationships. This subject won’t rush into marriage or long-term partnerships, but once in them will be faithful, loyal, devoted and committed. If Saturn is in opposition to the Ascendant, then partnerships may not be formed at all – although the subject may grumble about being alone, they do not really want the responsibility that a relationship brings. Often here there are considerable differences in age between the subject and their chosen partner who can be considerably older (or, less often, younger). At its worst, placing can inhibit communication between partners, although this will be alleviated by other chart positions.
- Cautious approach to relationships, tests the ground.
- Once committed, does so for the long term.
- May find ideal partner late in life.
- May prefer older or more serious minded partner. Likes to depend on partner.
- Trustworthy and faithful.
- Likes to share and then develop ambitious, long-term plans for material success.
- Shy or over cautious leading to lost opportunities.
- Can be too demanding or be subject to unreasonable demands.
- Expected to fit in with plans of partners.
- Affection lacking, may feel left out.
- Partner may experience great difficulties and have to shoulder much responsibility.
- Persistent, unrelenting enemies.
- Problems slow to resolve.
- Contractual and legal matters are slow and difficult.
Uranus in 7th House:
This is an important placing for Uranus, and it has a strong influence on how this subject relates to other people, and a romantic partner in particular. This person will be rather reluctant to commit to a long term relationship, valuing their freedom above all else. Depending upon the sign which rules the 7th house this could be a severe source of conflict – if, for instance, that sign is Libra, Pisces or another such sign which longs for a stable partnership. The positions of the Ascendant, Sun and Moon must be judged together with this Uranus position in order to get to the bottom of what is bound to be a complex situation.
- Unusual relationships, meets strange people.
- Sudden attachments. Offbeat or unusual associations.
- Partners likely to be friend as well as lover.
- Unusual and exciting times during life.
- Manages to get close to people yet remains independent and not involved.
- Is a good friend.
- Likely to come up against awkward and exasperating people.
- Sudden attachments though impulsive action which are not destined to last.
- Disruptive enemies.
Neptune in 7th House:
Here the emphasis is on Neptune’s influence over romance and marriage. This person may find it hard to settle into a long term relationship, because over-romanticising a partner nearly always leads to disappointment and heartbreak. When they learn to accept a partner, warts and all, however, they can be wonderfully inspirational and romantic lovers. Not the most practical of people with everyday living, however, they need someone to remind them to pay the bills and feed the cat!
- Very loving relationships. Devoted.
- Willingly sacrifices own interests.
- Mystical or artistic associations.
- Intuitive link.
- Idealistic with high expectations leading to disappointments.
- All is not obvious.
- Too easily swayed and taken advantage of.
- Strange conditions surround marriage.
- Deception likely.
- Meets people with hidden agenda.
Pluto in 7th House:
The subject with this placing often feels the need to be the dominant partner in any relationship. This is a good placing for someone involved in business partnerships, but rather complicated for personal ones. Whilst there may be marvelous moments, there will also be a great deal of temper tantrums and power struggles, and it is important for this person to try to exercise some balance within their love relationships.
- Emotionally intense relationships.
- Powerful bonds formed.
- Everything is clear cut; like or dislike, for or against, all or nothing.
- Each relationship is a transforming experience.
- Great financial possibilities with relationships.
- Unstable with difficult changes.
- Break-ups likely with disputes, disclosures and bitterness.
- Secret enemies who are relentless and hateful.
- Care is needed to avoid exploitation or being pressured into doing things.
- Fear of certain people is a possibility.
Next: 8th house
what are your thoughts on the 7th?
[page_section color=’#582564′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’]
The seventh house is the natural home for the sign Libra. Like Libra, it is ruled by Venus. The element associated with this house is Air. It house is another “angular” house, and the cusp of the seventh is known as the “descendant.” It is directly opposite the ascendant, and represents the western horizon at the time of birth.
The basic keywords I use for this house are “partnerships” and one-to-one “relationships” of all kinds, including both marriage and open enemies! Whereas the first house relates to our sense of who we are as individuals, It (opposite the first) relates to who we are in relationship to another. The sign located on the cusp of the seventh house, the planet ruling that sign, as well as any planets located in the seventh house, indicate how we relate to others, how we experience relationships, and the kind of people we tend to get involved with.
I have no planets in this house. Taurus is on the cusp of the seventh, and its ruler Venus is in Virgo in the eleventh house. Thus, I tend to attract either Taurean or Virgoan types for marriage or other long term committed relationships. This doesn’t mean that they are those sun signs, but rather that they embody the traits of those sun signs. Although my first “true love” was in fact a double Taurus! My ex-husband is Aries, but has some very Virgo-like traits. He is meticulous about everything, and he always was a better housekeeper than me! Also, he did tend to be fairly critical.
What does your seventh say about your relationships?